NUCS (5 frame) information
We are changing this year to selling nucs in Jester corrugated plastic reusable nuc boxes, unless you make special arrangements for us to hand transfer them into your equipment.
$175.00 each Credit Card
$170.00 each Cash or GOOD Check
$165.00 if you are purchasing 10 or more at one time, Credit Card
$160.00 if you are purchasing 10 or more at one time, Cash or GOOD Check
Important Information on OUR bees:
- We do NOT SHIP BEES. By ordering bees, you understand that these are pick up ONLY.
- The bees we sale are local Arkansas Raised Honeybees.
- No refunds or exchanges on placed orders. We will replace any bees if the NUC fails to thrive, at managements discretion, within a very short period.
- Our bees are TREATED. We are NOT treatment free. We use OXALIC ACID and CHECKMITE+.
- We are standard cell size, not small cell size. Transferring to Small cell will take 2-4 generations. Google MICHAEL BUSH or BUSHFARM.com
- Pick up date is around May 1st, 2018 plus or minus a few weeks DUE TO WEATHER
- Fees for bees ARE NOT REFUNDABLE OR EXCHANGABLE
- We will, as a courtesy, gladly transfer the nuc into your hive or nuc box if you come fully prepared (so as not to waste our time)–this allows us to confirm that the queen is in good shape, and that the nuc is healthy. Or you may pay a $25 refundable deposit on our wooden nuc box, take it home and transfer the nuc yourself, then return the box within 7 days for refund.
- Your receiving deep hive body must have a top and bottom, have a space for the 5- frame nuc, and contain enough frames to finish filling the box (5 frames in a standard box, 3 for 8-frame equipment) (we can, if necessary, supply new frames with foundation for $2.50 each).
- Before arriving, please assemble each hive, and strap it around the middle with a ratcheting nylon strap (not tape or simple tension strap) (this makes for easier handling and transfer). Please do not assemble equipment while we are waiting for you.
- You may also drop off your hives, individually strapped and prepared as above, each labeled with your name and phone number, with green cash payment in an envelope inside. If your hive contains frames with any residues of honey, be sure to completely seal the entrance in order to prevent initiating robbing.
Be sure to arrive with a smoker and bee suit, in case of mishap upon your trip home.